Thursday, March 14, 2013

Your Own Argument and Opinions

Having talked with a lawyer I feel that they knew what they were talking about. Having done my studies from the class I was prepared and had in minor stand figured out what actions to take, but after speaking to them and having them provide additional information to my questions it was no doubt they understood the law for copyright and intellectual property. "The copyright owner controls the use of the work, and any person who uses it without proper "permission" could be sued for financial damages. The main reasoning to acquire permission is to avoid a lawsuit" (Patent, Copyright, and Trademark. Page 269). Being that I am done with this final project now, I found it very enjoyable to interview Alexandra about the law having to do with my career in this near future. Its always great to ask questions that could affect you one day with someone who knows what they are talking about so you are prepared for any situation thrown at you. I enjoyed speaking to Alexandra in person about the proper steps necessary to claim a product your own. She also answered a few concerns I had regarding my next move for the my brand. " The first sale doctrine permits the purchaser of a legal copy of a copyrighted work to treat that copy in any way desired, as long as the copyright owner's exclusive copyright rights are not infringed"(Patent, Copyright, and Trademark. Page 269) Speaking to a lawyer is more affective then trying to find these answers out on your own, you get helpful information. I am very appreciative of the fact Alexandra took the time to help answer my questions and give knowledgable answers from her experience. “Intellectual property laws, along with court decisions and regulations, establish rules for the following activities: selling or licensing of intellectual property, resolving disputes between companies making or selling similar intellectual property products and services, and the registration and administration of intellectual property.”(Patent, Copyright, and Trademark. Page 5) The ending result is no matter what creative field you are in, it is wise to have a good attorney to be able to turn to for any legal concerns you have. This is something that every field may have to face at some point in their career. “Trademark law consists of the legal rules by which businesses protect the names, logos, and other commercial signifiers used to identify their products and services.”(Patent, Copyright, and Trademark. Page 379) I am very pleases with this final project and its outcome, it actually gave us real life experience in a situation so we will be familiar with how to handle something along these lines in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment